Friday, June 17, 2011

I think it is going well......

First of all, I have learned so much about online learning and how to properly facilitate an online course.  However, I am concerned that I will not be good as a moderator, but one never knows until she tries.  I do feel more knowledgeable about facilitating an online course because of the book we are reading.  When I initially did the project outline for this course, I stated I would give a positive feedback, but when I read the book I learned that this could have the opposite effect.  So I changed the word to constructive feedback instead.

I am currently in Arequipa Peru with 5 nursing students and will be here until next week Thursday.  I realized because I have been having long days at the different clinics I don't feel like chatting that much.  I am an outgoing person once I get to know people and by the end of this course I might be responding to everyone.  So be prepared for chatty Cathy to appear (that would be me). 

Thank you for all the wonderful words of encouragement.

Tammy

5 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    I think you may be feeling a disconnect from your computer life as your real life is drawing more of your attention. How great that you are on such an adventure, leading a situated learning experience in your own career. Those are truly lucky students.
    Please don’t feel you wouldn’t be a good moderator. Course moderators come in all shapes and sizes. No matter what Collison tells you a moderator has to be, the best ones are passionate about their teaching...and I think you have that licked already!
    Stay safe.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tammy! Enjoy your trip! I hope we get to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,

    It sounds like a great opportunity for you and your students. I think new methods take new time for mastery. One thing I've learned in my career as an educator was content is one thing, delivery is another. So mastery of facilitation will come with practice and desire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,

    Wow what a great opportunity and what an honor. I do hope you can share pictures with us. May God keep you all safe and healthy.

    Mary S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Tammy!
    Recorrido con seguridad!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete